There are a lot of TVs at CES, but this one truly stands out. Samsung seems to have included every bell and whistle imaginable with this TV, including the ability to choose between 4K and 8K resolutions.
In a press release, Samsung said, “The new Neo QLED shows you impeccable visuals, from the brightest brights to the darkest darks—thanks to Samsung’s quantum mini-LED technology and our all-new Shape Adaptive Light Control.”
The Shape Adaptive Light Control gives the TV better control over blooming (the halo effect). There’s also an upgrade to the QLED’s luminance scale. Previous models featured a 12-bit backlight, but the newest Neo QLED comes with a 14-bit backlight. This provides the TV with more accurate brightness, which creates a more immersive experience.
Another cool feature is Object Depth Enhancer, which uses AI to analyze the on-screen picture and distinguish the main subject from the background. This technology creates a more authentic depth of field.
Samsung also touted the TV’s sound, which the company called “incredible.” Of course, a soundbar or surround sound system will always provide better sounds than the small ones offered by a TV, but it looks like Samsung is trying to take TV speakers to another level with this television.
Perhaps one of the most exciting aspects of the 8K TV is the 144Hz inputs, which can be used to play PC games at the highest framerates. The Xbox Series X and PS5 only support 120Hz, so they won’t see any benefit from this upgrade, but if you’re going to hook up and PC, you can see some profound benefits.
- › Hisense’s 2022 U-Series Soundbars Bring the Noise
- › How-To Geek’s Best of CES 2022 Award Winners: What We’re Excited About
- › Samsung’s The Frame TV Is Back for 2022 and Better Than Ever
- › Picsart Gold Review: A True Treasure for Quick Photo and Video Editing
- › Does Hibernating My PC Save More Energy Than Sleep?
- › Don’t Put Your TV Over Your Fireplace
- › Amazon Halo View Review: Affordable, But a Little Creepy
- › How Much Does It Cost to Operate an Electric Lawn Mower?