If you don’t like Facebook’s light interface, enable dark mode to turn the entire app dark. Your profiles, pages, and everything else will adapt to this dark theme. Here’s how to turn it on.
RELATED: How to Enable Dark Mode on Facebook Desktop
Turn On Facebook’s Dark Mode on Android
To make the Facebook app use dark mode on your phone, first, launch the Facebook app.
In Facebook’s top-right corner, tap the hamburger menu (three horizontal lines).
On the “Menu” screen, scroll down to the bottom. There, tap “Settings & Privacy.”
From the expanded “Settings & Privacy” menu, select “Settings.”
On the “Settings & Privacy” page that opens, in the “Preferences” section, tap “Dark Mode.”
The “Dark Mode” page offers multiple ways to control the theme in the app. Your options are:
- On: Select this option to activate Facebook’s dark mode.
- Off: Use this option to disable dark mode.
- Use System Settings: If you enable this option, Facebook will use your phone’s default mode. This means if you have enabled dark mode on your Android phone, Facebook will also use that mode.
And within a moment, your Facebook app will turn dark.
You are all done. Enjoy browsing your news feed and other items on a dark interface!
Dark mode is available on a lot of platforms, including Instagram, YouTube, Google Search, Gmail, Google Maps, and more. Check out our guides to learn how to enable the mode on these services.
RELATED: How to Enable Dark Mode on Instagram
- › GPT 3.5 vs. GPT 4: What’s the Difference?
- › Hulu’s TV App Has a New Design That Might Look Familiar
- › Get Hours Back From Your Workday With Nuance’s Speech Recognition Tools
- › This Solar Watch Has Infinite Battery Life & Won’t Nag You With Alerts
- › Google Chrome Is Getting a New Look for 2023
- › Audible Is Throwing Ads in Your Audiobooks