When it comes to wireless gaming headsets, battery life is always an issue. HyperX is looking to solve the problem with its new HyperX Cloud Alpha wireless gaming headset, which gets up to 300 hours of battery life on a single charge.
Outside of the absurd battery life, the headset also features DTS Headphone:X, which DTS describes as “an incredible technology that simulates the 3D environment of the audio’s original mixing stage.” That means you’ll get a more accurate simulated surround sound experience from this headset, which is exactly what you want to get immersed in a game.
The company promises that the sound will remain as good as the wired version. In a press release, HyperX said, “HyperX 50mm Drivers that feature a slimmer, lighter design while maintaining the sound and performance of the original wired version.”
For communication, there’s a removable noise-canceling microphone. If you aren’t playing a multiplayer game, the ability to remove the mic and take in the sound is a nice feature to have.
Comfort is another crucial aspect of a gaming headset, and HyperX promises soft, pliable leatherette materials and custom plush memory foam for your head and ears.
HyperX included an aluminum frame, which should make the headphones durable enough to survive the trials and tribulations hardcore gamers will put them through.
- › How-To Geek’s Best of CES 2022 Award Winners: What We’re Excited About
- › Does Hibernating My PC Save More Energy Than Sleep?
- › What’s New in Windows 11’s 22H2 Update: Top 10 New Features
- › Don’t Put Your TV Over Your Fireplace
- › How Much Does It Cost to Operate an Electric Lawn Mower?
- › Picsart Gold Review: A True Treasure for Quick Photo and Video Editing
- › What Are the Best Nintendo Switch Games in 2022?