YouTube Music keeps track of your listening habits and uses the information to make personalized recommendations and playlists. That’s cool, but you might not want everything to contribute to that. The good news is you can pause the history.
Maybe there’s an album that doesn’t fit with your other music and you don’t want it throwing off the algorithm. Or maybe you want to listen to some Christmas music for a couple of weeks without seeing Burl Ives in your recommendations until February. Whatever the case may be, we’ll show you how to temporarily pause your history.
Select “Settings” from the menu.
Scroll all the way down to “Privacy & Location” and tap this option on mobile.
On the YouTube Music website, click the “Privacy” menu option instead.
Toggle the switch on for “Pause Watch History.” It says “Watch History,” but this applies to music too.
That’s all there is to it! Google has buried this option in a strange spot and the language is not super clear, but this will stop your listening from being recorded to your history. YouTube Music may not be as popular as other services, but it has some great features.
RELATED: How to Upload Music to YouTube Music
- › How Much Does It Cost to Operate an Electric Lawn Mower?
- › What Are the Best Nintendo Switch Games in 2022?
- › What to Do If You Drop Your Smartphone in the Ocean
- › Don’t Put Your TV Over Your Fireplace
- › What’s New in Windows 11’s 22H2 Update: Top 10 New Features
- › A World Without Wires: 25 Years of Wi-Fi