With a free Yahoo account, you get access to various services, including email, calendar, and contacts. If you’d like to get started with that, here’s how to make your Yahoo account.
To make an account on Yahoo, you’ll need an active internet connection and a mobile phone with texting capabilities. Be prepared to enter some identifying information as well, like your first name, last name, and date of birth.
RELATED: How to Send SMS Text Messages From an iPad
Make a New Yahoo Email Account
To start setting up your account, first, open a web browser on your device and launch the Yahoo site.
In Yahoo’s top-right corner, click “Sign In.” This will open a page where you can sign in as well as sign up for a new account.
On the sign-in page that launches, beneath the login form, click “Create an Account.”
You will see a “Sign Up” form. Here, enter the details for your new Yahoo account, as explained below:
- First Name: Enter your first name here.
- Last Name: Type your last name here.
- Email Address: Type the email address you’d like to create. If you type “mahesh”, your email address will be “firstname.lastname@example.org”.
- Password: Enter the password to use with your new Yahoo account.
- Mobile Phone Number: Select a country code and then enter your phone number. You will receive a verification code on this number so make sure it is a working one.
- Birth Month, Day, Year: Enter your birthday details.
- Gender: Optionally, enter your gender.
Make sure you used a strong password. Then, at the bottom of the form, click “Continue.”
You will arrive on a “Verify Your Phone Number” page. Here, make sure the entered phone number is correct, then click the “Text Me a Verification Code” button.
Yahoo has sent a verification code to your phone. Check your phone’s messages folder, find the message from Yahoo, and note the code.
Back on the Yahoo site, enter the verification code and click “Verify.”
You will be greeted with a “Welcome to Yahoo” message, which indicates your account was successfully created. To go to Yahoo’s homepage, click the “Done” button.
Your Yahoo account is now created and is ready to use. To access Yahoo’s email service, in the top-right corner of the Yahoo homepage, click “Mail.”
Similarly, you can access all other features that Yahoo offers.
And that’s how you start enjoying all the services that Yahoo offers to its users!
Want to set up an out-of-office reply in Yahoo Mail? Check out our guide to learn how to do that.
RELATED: How to Set Up an Out of Office Reply in Yahoo Mail
- › 6 Best Free Email Accounts, Ranked
- › How to Turn On or Off the Always On Display for Android
- › Is Parallels Desktop Free on a Mac?
- › Before DVDs, There Were VCDs: The Video Disc Everyone Forgot
- › How to Find and Delete Your Google Assistant Voice History
- › How to Add Apps to Your Discord Server
- › How to Upload an Instagram Reel From a Computer