A smart TV is good for more than just YouTube and Netflix. If you’ve got a game controller lying around, there’s a good chance you can connect it to your Google TV or Android TV device. We’ll show you how.
Google TV and Android TV have support for many game controllers built-in. If you have a Bluetooth wireless controller, there’s a good chance it will work exactly how you’d expect. You can then use the controller for Android games, emulators, cloud game streaming services, or even just to navigate the smart TV interface. Let’s get started.
First, select your profile photo on the home screen and go to “Settings.”
Scroll down to “Remotes & Accessories.”
Now select “Pair Remote or Accessory.”
Put your controller into pairing mode. You may have to do a web search to find out how to do this. Select the controller when it appears on the screen and “Pair.”
You can go back to the previous screen and you’ll see the controller listed.
That’s it! You can use the controller as a remote to move around the Google TV or Android TV interface. You may have to set up the controller in certain games to get it to work correctly, but many controllers are natively supported and will work with no extra configuration.
- › The 10 Best Netflix Original Movies in 2022
- › A World Without Wires: 25 Years of Wi-Fi
- › T-Mobile Is Selling Your App Activity: Here’s How to Opt Out
- › What Are the Best Nintendo Switch Games in 2022?
- › NZXT Signal 4K30 Capture Card Review: Lossless High-Quality Footage
- › What’s New in Windows 11’s 22H2 Update: Top 10 New Features