Google-owned YouTube TV and Disney could not reach an agreement, which caused the streaming service to drop Disney channels. However, after a couple of days, the companies agreed, bringing Disney channels back to YouTube TV.
Even though the two companies managed to agree, Google is providing YouTube TV users with a $15 discount for a month for the inconvenience of losing Disney channels for a brief period.
In a Tweet, YouTube TV said, “We’re happy to announce that we’ve reached a deal with Disney and have already started to restore access to channels like ESPN and FX, and Disney recordings that were previously in your Library.”
We're happy to announce that we've reached a deal with Disney and have already started to restore access to channels like ESPN and FX, and Disney recordings that were previously in your Library. Your local ABC station will also be turning on throughout the day.
— YouTube TV (@YouTubeTV) December 19, 2021
In a second social media post, Google elaborated on the discount, saying, “Your price will revert to $64.99, but all impacted members will still receive a one-time $15 discount.”
Considering YouTube TV users were only missing Disney channels for a short period, offering a $15 discount is a good deal, as that was originally the amount offered for an entire month without the channels.
As far as what channels were missing, here’s the list:
- ABC News Live
- Disney Channel
- Disney Junior
- Disney XD
- National Geographic
- National Geographic Wild
- ESPN3 (by authentication to the ESPN app)
- SEC Network
- ACC Network
If you’re a YouTube TV subscriber, you should have all Disney channels back, including the ESPN channels and your local ABC station. You’ll also notice that content in your Library will return as part of the deal expiring meant that recorded content was also removed from YouTube TV.
- › Why Do Streaming TV Services Keep Getting More Expensive?
- › How to Cancel (or Pause) Your YouTube TV Subscription
- › How Much Does It Cost to Operate an Electric Lawn Mower?
- › NZXT Signal 4K30 Capture Card Review: Lossless High-Quality Footage
- › T-Mobile Is Selling Your App Activity: Here’s How to Opt Out
- › A World Without Wires: 25 Years of Wi-Fi
- › What Are the Best Nintendo Switch Games in 2022?
- › What’s New in Windows 11’s 22H2 Update: Top 10 New Features