Even though they’ve been available for a long time, it’s still almost impossible to find a PS5 or Xbox Series X game console. Amazon is trying to make it a little easier for Prime members, as the company is giving them first dibs when the consoles come back in stock.
Wario64 on Twitter first spotted the change to Amazon’s PS5 and Xbox Series X selling priority on the console’s page. It reads, “Amazon Prime customers will be given priority access to the PlayStation 5 through 12/31.”
Of course, both consoles are out of stock at the moment on Amazon, and there’s currently no indication when the company plans to restock them. However, if you’re a Prime subscriber, you’ll want to pay attention for the next drop, as you will get the first crack at adding one to your cart and hopefully purchasing one.
It’s worth noting that a lot of people in the US have Prime. In fact, 76.6 million households are expected to have Prime by 2022. That means you’ll have a lot of completion for these consoles.
Amazon is far from the first company to offer PS5 and Xbox consoles as a perk for members. Best Buy recently put the consoles behind a subscription, and Verizon followed a similar path. Even Sony is planning to sell PS5 consoles directly to its biggest fans.
Sony PlayStation 5
When Amazon eventually restocks the PS5, Prime members will get the first chance to buy one.
Xbox Series X
When Amazon eventually restocks the Xbox Series X, Prime members will get the first chance to buy one.
- › Here’s Your First Look at Sony’s PlayStation VR2 Design
- › NZXT Signal 4K30 Capture Card Review: Lossless High-Quality Footage
- › A World Without Wires: 25 Years of Wi-Fi
- › What’s New in Windows 11’s 22H2 Update: Top 10 New Features
- › “Atari Was Very, Very Hard” Nolan Bushnell on Atari, 50 Years Later
- › The 10 Best Netflix Original Movies in 2022
- › T-Mobile Is Selling Your App Activity: Here’s How to Opt Out