Heads Up! is an incredibly popular mobile game. Facebook has partnered with Ellen Degeneres to bring an augmented reality version of the game to Messenger and Instagram so you and your friends can have a good time even if you’re not together.
The new version of the game, which was announced by Meta, is played with Facebook Messenger and Instagram’s AR calling feature. You can play it remotely, which is a significant departure from the original Heads Up!, which required you and your friends to be in the same place.
The AR version of the game comes with four different card packs that give the game some decent variety. There’s Animals Gone Wild, That’s So 90s, Pantry Raid, and Act Your Face Off. Each one features different clues, so there should be enough to keep things fresh for a long time.
Meta describes the game as a “hilarious twist on charades where players have to guess the word on the card that’s on another player’s forehead before the timer runs out.” If you’ve ever seen an episode of Ellen’s TV show, you’re probably familiar with the game.
Heads Up! is part of Messenger and Instagram’s Group Effects feature. To use it, launch a video call, tap the smiley face to open the effects tray, and select Group Effects.
- › T-Mobile Is Selling Your App Activity: Here’s How to Opt Out
- › The 10 Best Netflix Original Movies in 2022
- › NZXT Signal 4K30 Capture Card Review: Lossless High-Quality Footage
- › “Atari Was Very, Very Hard” Nolan Bushnell on Atari, 50 Years Later
- › A World Without Wires: 25 Years of Wi-Fi
- › How Much Does It Cost to Recharge a Battery?