If you’re a big fan of TikTok and you want to watch it on your big-screen television, you can do it now on an Android TV device, as well as Samsung and LG smart TVs in the United States. Sure, the videos are still vertical, but at least they’re bigger on a TV screen.
These aren’t the first TVs to get TikTok, as the social video platform also rolled out in North America on Amazon’s Fire TV devices. Additionally, the app was already available in the UK, France, and Germany. With today’s expansion in the US, anyone with an Android TV device, including the Chromecast with Google TV, will be able to watch TikTok’s viral videos.
For smart TVs, Samsung says displays from 2018 to 2021 can download the new TikTok application. Unfortunately, smart TV owners with older Samsung devices won’t get to take advantage of the new app.
On LG’s side, the app is available for 2018-2021 LG Smart TVs running webOS 4.0 through webOS 6.0.
As far as the content, the company says, “The TikTok TV app is built for a TV home-viewing experience, making it easy to watch content from our ‘For You’ and ‘Following’ feeds on the big screen. This includes the most liked and viewed videos across a huge range of categories, from gaming and comedy to food and animals.”
This is an intelligent move for TikTok, as it gives users a different way to engage with their app. People like watching videos on big screens, and this expansion lets a lot more users take advantage of TikTok on their TVs.
- › Netflix Launches Short Comedy Clips on Your TV
- › What Do “FR” and “FRFR” Mean?
- › The Origins of Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V, Ctrl+X, and Ctrl+Z Explained
- › AMD’s Ryzen 7000 Series Are the First 5nm Desktop CPUs Ever
- › Logitech MX Master 3S Mouse Review: Muted Refinements
- › What’s New in Chrome 102, Arriving Today
- › Logitech MX Mechanical Keyboard Review: Easy on the Eyes, Not the Fingertips