Spotify is much more than just a music streaming service. It has a lot of social features as well, including blended playlists and followers. If you don’t want someone to see your Spotify account, you can block them.
The ability to block other Spotify users has been a long-requested feature. It’s possible to block artists you don’t like, but until November 2021, it wasn’t possible to block people. We’ll show you how it works.
First, you’ll need to bring up the user. There are a couple of ways to do this.
For example, you can perform a search for their name or username from the “Search” tab and select their profile.
Or, if that user is following you, you can go to your followers list—which can be found on your own profile page—and select their profile from there.
Once you’re on the user’s profile page, tap or click the three-dot menu icon.
Select “Block” from the menu.
Spotify will ask you to confirm that you want to block the user.
That’s all there is to it! The person will no longer be able to see your profile, they won’t be able to follow you, and they won’t be able to see your playlists or listening activity.
RELATED: How to Delete a Playlist on Spotify
- › Samsung Made a Music Video for the Galaxy S23’s Ringtone
- › Work and Play Anywhere With the ROG G14 Laptop, Now $400 Off
- › Windows 10’s Bad Upgrade Prompts Are Back for Windows 11
- › AMD’s Ryzen 7000X3D Pricing Looks Really, Really Good
- › Windows 11 Is Adding Even More Widgets
- › Intel’s Arc A750 Graphics Card Has a New Lower Price