Spotify is a music app, first and foremost. However, it has all sorts of social features that may make you want to block someone. Thankfully, Spotify is going to make it incredibly easy to block a person in the very near future.
Currently, if you want to block someone on Spotify, you’ll need to reach out to customer service and request that the company blocks them from looking at your profile and playlists. Once this new change rolls out, you’ll be able to simply visit a person’s profile and block them. It’s a lot easier than contacting customer service, that’s for sure.
There are plenty of reasons you might not want someone to see what you’re listening to. Perhaps you have an ex who wants to creep on your musical tastes, or you have someone who’s making fun of your song choices. Whatever the reason, it’s definitely a welcomed change and one that’ll create a safer, more pleasant place to enjoy your music and podcasts.
According to Engadget, Spotify didn’t say exactly when the new feature would launch, only saying it’ll roll out this week. Once it’s out, you’ll be able to block people quickly and easily.
- › How to Block Someone on Spotify
- › How to Add a Shortcut to Pretty Much Anything on Android
- › Update iTunes on Windows Now to Fix a Security Flaw
- › 6 Ways Our Tech Is Better Than Star Trek’s
- › What You Should (and Shouldn’t) Unplug or Turn Off When You Go On Vacation
- › 10 Kodi Features You Should Be Using
- › 5 Ways to See If Your Phone Is Being Tapped