One of the most exciting things about the new Microsoft Store is its support for all sorts of different applications. Making its way to the store as the first major web browser is Firefox, and you can download it right now.
“As of today, Firefox desktop is the first major browser to become available in the Windows Store for Windows 10 and Windows 11 users,” said Mozilla in a blog post.
Before this, if you wanted to download Firefox on Windows, you needed to use an existing web browser to go to Firefox’s website. Mozilla called this a “clunky process from Microsoft,” but thankfully, you won’t have to deal with that anymore.
Mozilla said, “Now that Microsoft has changed their policies, we are finally able to ship Firefox with our industry-leading Gecko engine in the Windows Store. This lets us make your experience of the web joyful, safe, private, and fast with unique features.”
There are plenty of reasons you might want to give Firefox a try, including the excellent new visual themes available for a limited time. You’ve probably already decided which browser is suitable for your needs, and if you’ve chosen Firefox, you have an easy new way to download it and get it running on your PC.
- › Mozilla Backs Off on Firefox’s Default Browser Workaround [Update: Mozilla’s Response]
- › PSA: Scammers Are Using the Chip Shortage to Trick People
- › Buying a Used Mac or MacBook? Check These Things Before You Buy
- › What Is MIL-SPEC Drop Protection?
- › 5 Psychological Tricks in Free-To-Play Games (and How to Avoid Them)
- › Functions vs. Formulas in Microsoft Excel: What’s the Difference?
- › Windows 11 vs. Chrome OS: Which Is Best For Android Apps?