Your WhatsApp Status (which appears as a Story) is visible to everyone on your contacts list by default. However, you might want to hide your status from specific friends. Here’s how you can do that in WhatsApp.
How to Hide Your WhatsApp Status From Specific Friends
Unlike Facebook, WhatsApp doesn’t allow you to limit specific status updates to select folks. However, you can limit who all can see your status updates.
Tap on the “Settings” button in the bottom-left on iPhone. On Android, you’ll have to tap the three vertical dots and select “Settings.”
Next, tap “Privacy.”
Then tap “Status.”
Select the “My Contacts Except” option, and you’ll then need to pick the specific friends from whom you want to hide your future WhatsApp status. You can scroll and select the contacts or search for them by name.
RELATED: How to Add a Contact in WhatsApp
Tap “Done” after you’ve selected the relevant contacts.
Now select the “Status” button in the bottom-left corner, tap on your profile icon and add a new status to test the new changes.
Besides that, you can also disable read reciepts to stop those friends from knowing that you’ve read their messages.
- › How to Hide Your Friends List on Facebook
- › How to Back Up Your BitLocker Recovery Key on Windows 11
- › How to Make Branded Email Templates With Layouts in Gmail
- › You Can Now Customize Windows 11’s Look With WindowBlinds
- › Amazon’s Fire TV Sticks Are at Their Lowest Prices Yet
- › PC Power Consumption Is Getting Out of Control
- › How to Freeze Multiple Rows in Microsoft Excel