Fire TV is one of the more popular smart TV platforms, and Amazon has announced that it now has a TikTok app. Quite a few other platforms have received the vertical video-based app, so it makes sense for Fire TV to hop on the bandwagon.
Currently, Google TV, Android TV, and some Samsung smart TVs already have TikTok available, so Amazon is playing catchup by releasing the video-sharing app on its platform. Anything a service like Fire TV can offer to provide more entertainment is a good thing, and adding TikTok is a good move.
Initially, TikTok limited the length of videos to 15 seconds, but now that the social video service allows videos up to three minutes, it makes a little more sense to have it on a TV. Of course, the TikTok videos tend to be filmed vertically, which isn’t necessarily ideal for watching on a 16:9 TV.
The app seems well-made. It has support for the following, for you, and discover page. It also supports autoplay, so the Fire TV will jump from video to video without you needing to sit there and press a button to go to the next one. It makes it so you can just put TikTok on the app and let it play without manually doing anything.
It definitely seems like a smart move for Amazon to bring TikTok to its platform, and it’ll be interesting to see if any other social apps make their way to Fire TV.
- › You Can Watch TikTok on Android TV, Samsung and LG TVs
- › Why Do I See “FBI Surveillance Van” in My Wi-Fi List?
- › What Can You Do With the USB Port on Your Router?
- › Here’s How Mozilla Thunderbird Is Making a Comeback in 2022
- › 4 Ways to Ruin Your Smartphone’s Battery
- › 10 Things Blocking Your Wi-Fi Signal at Home
- › ExpressVPN Review: An Easy-to-Use and Secure VPN for Most People