Most Android phones give you quick access to the phone and camera from the lock screen. If you prefer different shortcuts, Samsung Galaxy phones allow you to customize them. We’ll show you how to do it.
The lock screen shortcuts appear in the bottom left and right corners. To launch the shortcut, simply drag the icon toward the center of the screen and the app will slide into view. You don’t have to unlock the phone to use the shortcuts, but it’s not possible to leave the apps without unlocking.
First, let’s swipe down from the top of the screen to reveal the Quick Settings tiles. Tap the gear icon to open the Settings.
Next, go to the “Lock Screen” section.
Scroll down to “Shortcuts” and make sure it’s toggled on, then tap the title to configure it.
You have two shortcut options—“Left Shortcut” and “Right Shortcut.” Tap either one.
Simply select an app from the list, then do the same thing for the other shortcut if you desire.
That’s all there is to it! You’ll now see your new shortcut choices on the lock screen. This is a great trick for opening your favorite apps super quickly. If you want to open the camera as fast as possible, however, here’s the fastest way to launch the Camera.
- › How to Turn Off Charge and Unlock Sounds on a Samsung Galaxy Phone
- › 10 Samsung Galaxy Default Settings You Should Change
- › 10 Samsung Galaxy Features You Should Be Using
- › How to Quickly Access Music Shortcuts on a Samsung Phone
- › Why You Should Use “Good Lock” on Your Samsung Galaxy Phone
- › How to Adjust Volume for Individual Apps on Samsung Galaxy Phones
- › How to Customize the Always On Display on a Samsung Galaxy Phone
- › The New HP Pro x360 Fortis Is a 2-In-1 Laptop Under $500