We are currently hiring a full-time Windows expert to write and update our Windows content. This is a full-time remote job with benefits including health insurance, a 401k, and paid vacation. Want to throw your hat in the ring? Read on to find out more!
Windows Writer—Full Time, Remote
Are you an expert in using and configuring Windows? Are you at home tweaking the registry, troubleshooting PC problems, providing technical support, or just configuring Windows to your liking? Can you explain it all to the average PC user? This might be the job for you!
We’re looking for a solid writer with expertise in using, troubleshooting, and configuring Microsoft Windows. This is a full-time remote position with salary and benefits.
Our readers love How-To Geek because of its unique voice. We’re not a website for geeks—we are the geeks. We’re the people you turn to when your computer isn’t working right, you need to do something technical, or you want to understand the latest gadgets. We explain it all in simple, approachable terms.
What You’d Be Doing
- Writing instructional articles on Windows and related topics, including researching problems and testing appropriate solutions
- Generating new article ideas based on your own experience and also accepting assignments from editors
- Updating existing articles from our archive to ensure they apply to the latest versions of Windows
- Writing multiple short (400-1000 word) straightforward instructional posts every day on various Windows-related topics every day. Some examples include:
- How to Get the Old Context Menus Back in Windows 11
- How to Find Your MAC Address on Windows 10 or 11
- How to Check Open TCP/IP Ports in Windows
- Writing occasional feature-length articles. Examples of our feature articles include:
- What Is Windows 10 or Windows 11 in S Mode?
- Should You Upgrade to the Professional Edition of Windows 10?
- The 10 Best Registry Hacks for Windows 10
- Experience working with, troubleshooting, and tweaking Microsoft Windows on PCs
- Keeping up with the latest changes to Windows
- Demonstrable experience writing Windows- or technology-related content for a print or digital publication
- The ability to dive into new subjects and learn them quickly
- Ability to keep up with writing new articles and revising edits on submitted material daily
- Detail-oriented and deadline-focused, with a get-things-done attitude
- Strong attention to detail with emphasis on accuracy and quality
- Ability to prioritize work to balance multiple projects and deadlines
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working in WordPress preferable
- Basic working knowledge of SEO principles is a plus
About the Job
- Benefits include:
- 401(k): Employer match up to 4%; eligible after 3 months of full-time employment.
- Health Insurance: Medical, dental, and vision cost-sharing insurance plan.
- Paid holidays: We offer the following paid holidays: New Year’s Day, Washington’s Birthday, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Columbus Day, Veterans Day, Thanksgiving Day, the Day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Day.
- Non-Cashable PTO (Vacation and Sick Days): The Company offers 120 hours of non-cashable PTO for combined paid vacation and sick pay annually. Employee is permitted to only carry over 80 hours of Non-Cashable PTO each calendar year.
- Remote Work: You will be working from home and should have your own computer with reliable Internet access.
- Must be legally allowed to work in the US, based in the US, and available to work normal business hours
We will offer a competitive salary based on your experience.
How to Apply
If you’d like to apply for this job, head over to our job posting on Indeed and hit the big blue “Apply Now” button.
We look forward to hearing from you!