Wouldn’t it be cool if you could add search plugins for any search form to the Firefox Search Bar, instead of having to create the plugin yourself or wait for the site owner to stop being lazy and make one?
It’s good that there’s an extension for Firefox called Add to Search Bar that will add a new context menu item to let you create your own search plugins on the fly.
For instance, you can right-click on the search box here and then choose Add to Search Bar…
You’ll be prompted to give it a name, I chose to shorten the site title down a bit.
And there we go, now I can search the How-To Geek from Firefox.
I’ve tested this on a number of sites, seems to work pretty well… at some point I’ll stop being lazy and make an official search plugin.
Download Add to Search Bar from Mozilla Add-ons
- › The Best Tips and Tweaks for Getting the Most Out of Firefox
- › Where Do Weather Apps Get Their Info From?
- › How to Enable .NET Framework 2.0 and 3.5 in Windows 11
- › Tesla Track Mode: What It Is And How It Works
- › How to Turn On or Off the Always On Display for Android
- › How to Upload an Instagram Reel From a Computer
- › Microsoft PowerPoint Has a New List Feature on the Web