Google Maps for iPhone and Android is great, but sometimes the journey begins on your desktop computer. Thankfully, it’s super easy to send those directions to your phone. You can pick things up there and be on your way.
All you will need to do first is make sure you’re signed in with the same Google account in Google Maps on the desktop and your iPhone, iPad, or Android device. In fact, if you have your phone number or email address hooked up to your Google account, you don’t even need the Maps app at all. We’ll explain.
To get started, head over to maps.google.com in a desktop web browser such as Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge. Use the search bar to find your desired location.
This will bring up the information panel for the location. One of the buttons underneath the location name is “Send to Your Phone,” click it.
A menu will appear with a list of devices associated with your Google account, including iPhones, iPads, and Android devices. Tap the device you want to send the directions to.
Here’s where you’ll also notice the option to text or email the directions to yourself if you have your phone number or email address connected to your Google account.
This is what the notification looks like when it appears on an Android device. Tap it to open the location in Google Maps.
And here’s what it looks like on an iPhone or iPad.
That’s all there is to it. This is really a very simple trick, but it can be super handy. Google Maps on the desktop can be much easier to use if you’re doing a lot of looking around. Or maybe you just want to send a location to your phone for later. Make sure you’re taking advantage of everything Google Maps has to offer.
- › 10 Google Maps Features You Should Be Using
- › Why You Should Stop Using GPS Navigation
- › Windows 10’s Bad Upgrade Prompts Are Back for Windows 11
- › Samsung Made a Music Video for the Galaxy S23’s Ringtone
- › Windows 11 Is Adding Even More Widgets
- › AMD’s Ryzen 7000X3D Pricing Looks Really, Really Good
- › Work and Play Anywhere With the ROG G14 Laptop, Now $400 Off
- › Intel’s Arc A750 Graphics Card Has a New Lower Price