Apple had a busy today. Hidden away with all the hardware announcements, the company revealed the release date for macOS Monterey as October 25, 2021. If you’ve been patiently waiting to experience the latest macOS has to offer, you won’t have to wait much longer.
Before you can update to macOS Monterey, you need to make sure your computer can run it. Assuming you’re running one of the following devices, you’ll be able to get in on October 25, 2021:
- iMac (late 2015 and newer)
- iMac Pro (2017 and newer)
- MacBook Air (early 2015 and newer)
- MacBook Pro (early 2015 and newer)
- MacBook (early 2016 and newer)
- Mac Mini (late 2014 and newer)
- Mac Pro (late 2013 and newer)
As far as features go, there’s a lot to be excited about in macOS Monterey. Many of the big highlights come from the massive updates to built-in apps. For example, SharePlay and Share Screen are coming to FaceTime. There’s also access to Quick Notes, similar to what you’d get on an iPad. Apple is also adding support for Universal Control, shortcuts, and many other streamlined improvements that make the update worth downloading.
- › MacOS Monterey Is Here, and You Can Download It Now
- › Delayed: Universal Control Won’t Launch With macOS Monterey
- › Does an Ionic Air Purifier Clean Better Than Standard Units?
- › How to Forward a Text Message on Android
- › How to Remove Recommendations on Amazon Fire Tablets
- › How to Turn On the Flashlight on Android
- › Should You Plug a UPS Into a Surge Protector?
- › What Is Automatic Voltage Regulation (AVR)?