If you’ve been on the seemingly never-ending quest to purchase a PlayStation 5, Sony might have a solution for you. The company is offering the opportunity to register for a chance to buy a console directly from Sony.
Sony has a new registration page where you can log in to your PlayStation account and register for a chance to buy a PS5 from Sony. The key part of the phrase is “chance,” as there’s no guarantee that registering will grant you the option to buy a PS5.
The company says that “If selected, we will contact you via email with instructions and details.” But how is the company selecting people? According to Sony’s FAQ, “Our selection is based on previous interests and PlayStation activities.” Presumably, that means players who use their PlayStation consoles frequently and buy many games will be more likely to be accepted.
As far as when you can purchase a PlayStation 5 if you’re selected, Sony says invitations will go out in November 2021. That means you won’t have to wait too long to place your order and take home a PS5.
If you aren’t selected, Sony says you won’t receive an email, so if you don’t get anything through November, you can go back to your other methods of attempting to find a PS5, such as Best Buy’s new subscription program or through a scalper. Or, maybe you’ll just get lucky and find one through your favorite retailer.
- › Should You Buy a 2021 MacBook Pro for Gaming?
- › Verizon Will Sell You a PS5 If You’re a Wireless Customer
- › Cyber Monday 2021: Best Tech Deals
- › The Computer Folder Is 40: How the Xerox Star Created the Desktop
- › How to Find Your Spotify Wrapped 2021
- › 5 Websites Every Linux User Should Bookmark
- › Cyber Monday 2021: Best Apple Deals
- › Functions vs. Formulas in Microsoft Excel: What’s the Difference?