Privacy is an important thing to consider when putting all of your conversations into a messaging app. With Facebook Messenger’s “Vanish Mode,” you can make sensitive messages disappear after the recipient has read them. It’s a nice privacy trick.
“Vanish Mode” is also available in Instagram and it works exactly the same as Facebook Messenger. The idea is you start Vanish Mode, say what you want to say, then leave Vanish Mode. After your messages have been seen, they disappear.
Next, while in the conversation view, swipe up from above the text box. You’ll see a little indicator to help you get into Vanish Mode.
In Vanish Mode, the background is dark. You can now have a conversation like you normally would.
If the other person takes a screenshot while you’re in Vanish Mode, you’ll be notified.
When you’re ready for everything to disappear, simply tap “Turn Off Vanish Mode.” You can also do the swipe-up gesture again.
That’s all there is to it. Think of it like walking into a sound-proof room to have a secret conversation. You can enter Vanish Mode for a while and then leave when you’re done. There are other ways to make sure your Messenger conversations are secure.
- › Facebook Takes on Venmo With New Split Payments Feature
- › How to Send Disappearing Messages in Instagram
- › How to Find Archived Messages on Facebook
- › How to Make Your Facebook Account More Private
- › The Best Budget Speakers of 2022
- › Logitech MX Master 3S Mouse Review: Muted Refinements
- › AMD’s Ryzen 7000 Series Are the First 5nm Desktop CPUs Ever
- › Logitech MX Mechanical Keyboard Review: Easy on the Eyes, Not the Fingertips