Starting with Mozilla Firefox version 93, the browser includes a new addition to the Firefox Suggest feature that occasionally shows sponsored suggestions. Luckily, if you don’t want to see ads in your browser address bar, you can disable them in Settings. Here’s how.
First, open Firefox. In the upper-right corner of any Firefox window, click the hamburger button (three lines), then select “Settings” in the menu that appears.
When the Settings tab opens, click “Privacy & Security” in the sidebar.
In Privacy & Security settings, scroll down to the “Address Bar — Firefox Suggest” section and uncheck both “Contextual Suggestions” and “Include occasional sponsored suggestions.”
After that, close the settings tab. Sponsored suggestions will no longer show up in the address bar results. Happy browsing!
- › [Update: Mozilla Fixes Its Documentation] Firefox Now Sends Your Address Bar Keystrokes to Mozilla
- › New Eero Wi-Fi Hardware Is Ready to Steal Ubiquiti’s Thunder
- › DALL-E 2 AI Image Generator Doesn’t Have a Waitlist Anymore
- › The New Outlook for Windows Is Open for All to Try
- › How to Easily Work With Excel Tables in the Mobile App
- › How to Restart a Samsung Galaxy S21
- › The New Fire TV Cube Has Two HDMI Ports and Wi-Fi 6E