Starting with Mozilla Firefox version 93, the browser includes a new addition to the Firefox Suggest feature that occasionally shows sponsored suggestions. Luckily, if you don’t want to see ads in your browser address bar, you can disable them in Settings. Here’s how.
First, open Firefox. In the upper-right corner of any Firefox window, click the hamburger button (three lines), then select “Settings” in the menu that appears.
When the Settings tab opens, click “Privacy & Security” in the sidebar.
In Privacy & Security settings, scroll down to the “Address Bar — Firefox Suggest” section and uncheck both “Contextual Suggestions” and “Include occasional sponsored suggestions.”
After that, close the settings tab. Sponsored suggestions will no longer show up in the address bar results. Happy browsing!
RELATED: Firefox Is Getting Ads in Your Search Bar
- › [Update: Mozilla Fixes Its Documentation] Firefox Now Sends Your Address Bar Keystrokes to Mozilla
- › IDrive Review: A Great Storage and Backup Combo
- › Contact Posters Are Coming to Your iPhone
- › Your iPhone Will Let You Swap Numbers With AirDrop
- › Standby Will Turn Your iPhone Into a Smart Display
- › Apple’s New Mac Studio and Mac Pro Are Here
- › 7 Mistakes Smartwatch Users Make