It’s increasingly common to have multiple Instagram accounts. You might have one for a pet, a specific hobby, or your business. Whatever the reason, we’ll show you how to use them all in the Instagram app.
This wasn’t always the case, but Instagram allows you to add multiple accounts to the mobile app. You don’t have to constantly sign in and out, and you can get notifications from all the accounts. It’s easy to use and simple to set up.
First, open the Instagram app on your iPhone or Android device. Tap the profile icon in the bottom right.
Next, tap the drop-down arrow next to your username in the top left.
A pop-up will slide up from the bottom with the option to “Try a New Account” or “Add Account.” Select the one that applies to you. “Try a New Account” is just a shortcut to creating a new account.
After you sign in with your credentials or create a new account, you’ll notice that the profile icon in the bottom right now shows your profile photo. This is to indicate which account you’re using. A red dot means one of your other accounts has notifications.
To switch accounts, go to your profile page and tap your username in the top left again. A pop-up will appear and you can select the account you want to use.
That’s all there is to it! Simply tap your username on your profile to easily switch between accounts whenever you want. From now on, notifications will include the username of the associated account so you know where they’re coming from.
RELATED: Instagram Personal, Business, and Creator Accounts: What's the Difference?
- › How to Customize Your Favorites Feed on Instagram
- › Can You See Who Unfollowed You on Instagram?
- › Whatever Happened to Two-Picture TVs?
- › I Bought a Leather Phone Case and I’m Never Going Back
- › Google Wallet Is Getting an Upgrade on Android Phones
- › The Best Smart Smoke Detectors of 2023
- › How to Test and Replace Your CMOS Battery
- › Update iTunes on Windows Now to Fix a Security Flaw