The Google Maps app brings dark theme support for devices running iOS 13 or iPadOS 13 or higher. To get started, make sure you update the Google Maps app to the latest version on your iPhone and iPad.
To turn on dark mode in Google Maps, you’ll need to do it inside the app the first time. (After that, it can turn on automatically when your device enters dark mode, as you’ll see ahead.) First, open the Google Maps app and tap your profile picture on the top-right side.
In the menu that appears, select “Settings.”
In the “Using Maps” section, tap “Dark Mode.”
In Dark Mode options select “On” to turn on the dark theme.
Alternatively, you can select the “Same As Device Setting” option that will automatically turn on the dark theme whenever you enable dark mode on your iPhone and iPad.
And that’s it! Exit Settings, and you’re good to go. Keep in mind that to use the Google Maps widgets with a dark theme, you’ll need to turn on dark mode on your iPhone and iPad.
- › How to Enable Dark Mode in Google Maps on Android
- › 8 Microsoft Word Tips for Professional Looking Documents
- › Your Devices Are Becoming “Carbon Aware,” But What Does That Mean?
- › Notepad++ Can Handle Your Huge Text Files Again
- › Samsung’s Most Stunning 8K Smart TV Is $2000 off This Week
- › Keychron’s New Wireless Mouse Packs a Punch for $49
- › Sling TV is Going Up in Price