- Find your photo or album in your profile and hit the three-dot button or pencil icon.
- Choose “Delete Photo” or “Delete Album.”
- When Facebook asks you to confirm, choose “Delete.”
Feeling embarrassed by that Facebook photo from your younger days? No worries, you can always delete any of your uploaded photos from Facebook. We’ll show you how.
On Facebook, you can delete both your individual photos and your photo albums. Once you’ve deleted them, you can’t restore them. So, only delete the items that you really don’t wish to keep anymore. If you want to keep a local copy of your photos, make sure you download your photos from Facebook first.
The process of deleting photos is pretty much the same on both desktop (Windows, Mac, Linux, and Chromebook) and mobile (iPhone, iPad, and Android). We’ll use the Facebook website on a desktop for the demonstration.
To begin deleting individual photos from your account, launch a web browser on your computer and access the Facebook site. Log in to your Facebook account if you haven’t already.
On the Facebook site, in the top-right corner, click your name.
Facebook opens your profile page. Here, from the tabs bar beneath your name, click the “Photos” tab.
In the “Photos” tab, click the “Your Photos” subtab. This opens the page where your uploaded photos are displayed.
On the “Your Photos” screen, find the photo to delete. Then, in the top-right corner of that photo, click the pencil icon.
From the menu that opens upon clicking the pencil icon, select “Delete Photo.”
A “Delete Photo” prompt will open. Here, click the “Delete” button.
And your selected photo is now deleted from your Facebook account!
If you’re on an iPhone or Android phone, you have the option to bulk delete your Facebook posts.
To delete a photo album (which deletes all the photos in that album) in your account, launch Facebook and access your profile page. On this page, click the “Photos” tab and then choose the “Albums” subtab.
On the “Albums” page, find the album to delete. Then, in the top-right corner of that album, click the three dots.
From the three-dots menu, select “Delete Album.”
You’ll see a “Delete Album” prompt. Here, click the “Delete Album” option.
And your selected photo album is gone for good.
Did you know you can archive your Facebook posts instead of permanently deleting them? This keeps your posts accessible to you while hiding them from others.
- › How to Make Your Photos Private on Facebook
- › How to Delete Videos on Facebook
- › Samsung’s Galaxy Book 3 Laptops Have 120Hz AMOLED Displays
- › Here’s How Netflix Will Stop You From Sharing Passwords
- › Samsung’s Galaxy S23 Has a Sleeker Design, Big Upgrades
- › The Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra Has a Wild 200 MP Camera
- › Here’s How to Use Gmail’s New Package Tracking
- › What Is the Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 for Galaxy?