iOS 15 introduced a redesigned Safari interface that puts the address bar at the bottom of the screen. If you prefer to keep it at the top of the screen—like most web browsers—it can be easily swapped.
There are a few advantages to having the address bar at the bottom. First, it’s easier to reach with one hand on a large screen. Second, it puts all the browser controls in one place. If you’re still not convinced to give it a try, let’s switch it back.
RELATED: What Is Reachability Mode on iPhone, and How Do You Use It?
First, open the Settings app from the home screen.
Scroll down and select “Safari.”
Go to the “Tabs” section and switch it to “Single Tab.”
There you go! The address bar is back at the top of the screen and the other browser controls are still at the bottom.
Regardless of which interface you prefer, the same amount of content is visible, so it’s just a matter of what feels more comfortable to you. Apple continues to make changes and add features to Safari, but it’s not your only browser option.
- › How to Change the Font on iPhone
- › How to Switch Between Tabs in Safari on iPhone
- › Why You Should Try Firefox on Android
- › How to Try the New Safari Tab Bar on iPad
- › How to Install and Use Safari Extensions on iPhone and iPad
- › How to Close a Website Tab in Safari on iPhone
- › The M2 Ultra Is Apple’s Most Powerful Chip Yet
- › Apple Is Updating Widgets on Mac, With Help From Your iPhone