The country or region where you live determines a lot of what you can see online. That includes apps, games, movies, and TV shows from the Google Play Store. We’ll show you how to change that.
Before we get started, there are a few important things to note. Google allows you to change your location in the Play Store once per year, so don’t waste it. You will also lose your Google Play balance from the previous location. Lastly, you will need a payment method from your new country.
Open the Google Play Store on your Android device and tap your profile icon in the search bar. Select “Settings” from the menu.
Next, expand the “General” section and select “Account and Device Preferences.”
Scroll down to the “Country and Profiles” section. You’ll see your old country selected and the option to “Switch to the [Country] Play Store.” Tap it.
A pop-up will ask if you really want to change your country. Tap “Continue” to proceed. You’ll be guided through the process of adding a payment method for that country.
If you don’t see the option to add a country, there are likely a few reasons for that. You aren’t currently in the new country (based on IP address), you’re part of a Google Play Family Library, or you already changed your location within the last year.
That’s pretty much it! The Play Store can take up to 48 hours to reflect your location change. Your old location will remain in your account, but again, you can only switch once per year. Enjoy all the new Play Store content in your new country!
- › What Is Sideloading, and What Are the Risks?
- › Why Do Apps Disappear From the App Store and Play Store?
- › How to Access Region-Restricted Websites From Anywhere on Earth
- › Sonos Beam (Gen 2) vs. Sonos Ray Soundbar: Which Should You Buy?
- › You Can Now Use Old Calculators on The Internet Archive
- › Microsoft 365 Integration Is Coming to Chromebooks
- › Why Did Google Stop Using Android Dessert Names?
- › You’ll Finally Be Able to Buy a PS5 in 2023