Your dog is standing on its head, and you’re fumbling to unlock your phone and launch the camera app before you miss it. Luckily, there’s no need for unlocking—the Camera app is just a swipe away on the lock screen. Here’s how to get to it as fast as possible.
The Secret Swipe
To open the iPhone camera app as quickly as possible, you’ll first need to wake your iPhone. Depending on your settings, you can do that either by physically lifting the phone, tapping the screen, or pressing the top or side button.
When you see the lock screen, place your finger on any part of the screen that doesn’t contain a notification and swipe to the left. If you swipe far enough, the Camera app will open instantly.
Once the Camera app opens, you can use it as you normally would to take pictures or videos quickly: Press the circular shutter or record button on the touch screen. Or you can trigger the capture process by pressing the Volume Up or Volume Down buttons on the side of your phone.
When you’re done taking photos or videos, lock your screen again by pressing the top or side button, and your iPhone’s screen will turn off. Any photos you took will be stored automatically in your Photos library.
RELATED: How to Turn off an iPhone
The (Quick) Long Press
Alternately, if your iPhone’s lock screen includes a small camera icon in the lower-right corner of the screen, you can long-press that icon to launch the camera app. (But don’t worry: the swipe-to-the-left method still works as well.)
Depending on your dexterity, this method might be slightly slower than swiping your lock screen to open the Camera app, but not by much. Happy snapping!
- › How to Turn On Camera Flash on iPhone
- › How to Enable ProRes Video Mode on iPhone
- › 10 Features the iPhone Should Steal From Android
- › Change the Default iPhone Camera App with This Shortcut Automation
- › How to Mirror Your iPhone’s Screen to Amazon Fire TV Stick
- › How to Launch the Camera by Tapping the Back of Your iPhone
- › How to Turn Off the Flashlight on iPhone 13
- › Work and Play Anywhere With the ROG G14 Laptop, Now $400 Off