When it comes to SD cards, many people tend to only think about how much storage is on offer. But for some uses, speed is actually the most crucial thing to think about. These new cards from Samsung feature up to 160MB/s, which is enough for just about any use case.
Samsung announced a couple of new cards in the PRO Plus and EVO Plus microSD and SD Cards. They feature write speeds up to 120 MB/s and read speeds of up to 160 MB/s. These speeds only apply to the 128GB and larger versions of the cards, as the smaller version of the PRO Plus SD cards are a bit slower.
They feature all of the vital speed ratings you need to record 4K video without any problems. There are U3, V30, and Class 10 ratings on these cards. You’ll have a hard time finding something these SD and microSD cards can’t handle. Additionally, they fall into the SDXC category.
As far as storage capacity goes, all of the new models are available in up to 512GB, so if you need to continuously record large video files at high speeds, these will be able to do it.
Samsung announced that the cheaper EVO Plus SD and microSD cards will be available in capacities from 32GB to 256GB. As these are the more affordable cards, they vary in price from $8.99 to $39.99. The high-end PRO Plus cards will launch later this year, though Samsung didn’t announce the price yet.
- › You Can Preorder the $399 Linux PinePhone Pro Today
- › Don’t Put Your TV Over Your Fireplace
- › What Are the Best Nintendo Switch Games in 2022?
- › What to Do If You Drop Your Smartphone in the Ocean
- › How Much Does It Cost to Operate an Electric Lawn Mower?
- › A World Without Wires: 25 Years of Wi-Fi
- › What’s New in Windows 11’s 22H2 Update: Top 10 New Features