Apple recently announced that it wouldn’t have SharePlay ready for iOS 15, and now the company has decided to shift iCloud Private Relay to a beta rather than having it ready for the launch of the upcoming mobile operating system.
iCloud Private Relay Is Delayed
With Apple choosing to shift iCloud Private Relay back to beta, you definitely want to consider signing up for a VPN, as that’s very similar to what iCloud Private Relay does.
With the release of the iOS 15 beta 7, Apple had a blurb in the patch notes that said, “iCloud Private Relay will be released as a public beta to gather additional feedback and improve website compatibility.”
Apparently, Apple decided to delay the feature due to incompatibility issues with some websites. Apple even notes that “Private Relay is currently in beta. Some websites may have issues, like showing content for the wrong region or requiring extra steps to sign in.”
The feature was slated to be part of iCloud+, Apple’s premium version of iCloud that comes with extra features (one of which would have been Private Relay) and additional storage.
This doesn’t just affect iPhone and iPad users, as macOS Monterey also used the feature.
Should We Worry About iOS 15 and macOS Monterey?
This is concerning, as this is the second time Apple has delayed a significant iOS 15 and macOS Monterey feature. Will there be other issues when the latest version of the operating system launches to the general public? We’ll have to wait and see, but at least Apple has shown a willingness to delay a feature that isn’t ready rather than forcing it out.
RELATED: Apple Delays the SharePlay Feature on iPhone, iPad, and Mac
- › What Is the iOS 15, iPadOS 15, and watchOS 8 Release Date?
- › Apple iPhone 13 Announcement: How to Watch and What to Expect
- › Apple’s Controversial On-Device Child Abuse Scanner Delayed
- › Mozilla Thunderbird’s Next Big Update Is Now in Beta
- › Your Favorite Reddit App Is About to Shut Down
- › How to Stop Your PS5 From Overheating
- › Vision Pro Fails to Fit Into Apple’s Digital Wellbeing Mission
- › Google Chrome Now Has More Password Manager Features