The YouTube mobile app has a super handy feature that lets you double-tap the video to skip a few seconds forward or backward. By default, this time is 10 seconds, but you can actually adjust that length.
If you’re not familiar with the gesture, it’s a big time saver. Simply double-tap the left or right side of the video, and you will skip ahead or back 10-seconds. This is much easier than trying to use the seek bar.
What if 10 seconds isn’t enough for you? Maybe it’s a little too much? We can fix that. First, open the YouTube app on your iPhone, iPad, or Android device. Tap your profile icon in the top-right corner.
Select “Settings” from the menu.
Go to the “General” section.
On Android, look for “Double-Tap to Seek.” On the iPhone and iPad, it’s called “Skip Forward and Back.”
Now choose one of the time increments from the menu.
That’s all there is to it! This little customization option takes an already very handy feature and allows you to make it even better.
- › How to Skip Back and Forward 10 Seconds in YouTube and Other Apps
- › 5 YouTube Gestures You Should Be Using on Android and iPhone
- › PSA: Double-tap YouTube with 2 Fingers to Skip Chapters
- › AMD’s Ryzen 7000 Series Are the First 5nm Desktop CPUs Ever
- › Logitech MX Master 3S Mouse Review: Muted Refinements
- › The Origins of Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V, Ctrl+X, and Ctrl+Z Explained
- › What’s New in Chrome 102, Available Now
- › Logitech MX Mechanical Keyboard Review: Easy on the Eyes, Not the Fingertips