If there’s one thing that annoys Samsung device owners, it’s the ads in the company’s default apps. Thankfully, Samsung has decided to get rid of these annoying ads later in 2021, which will make using the company’s built-in apps a more pleasant experience.
In a statement to The Verge, a company representative said, “Samsung has made a decision to cease the advertisement on proprietary apps including Samsung Weather, Samsung Pay, and Samsung Theme. The update will be ready by later this year.”
The company decided that delivering a more enjoyable experience to its users is more valuable than making money from these ads. The Samsung representative said, “We value feedback from our users and continue our commitment to provide them with the best possible experience from our Galaxy products and services.”
Rather than doing anything shady to dodge the ads or switching to non-Samsung apps that perform the same functionality, it’ll be nice to have the phone’s built-in apps function well and look cleaner without the annoying ads taking up screen real estate.
Samsung didn’t provide an exact date for the update that would remove the ads, other than saying that it would be available this year. We’ll have to wait and see, but at least the company is moving in the right direction.
- › Why Shows Are Too Dark on Your TV (and 9 Ways to Fix It)
- › Windows 11 Is Changing How the Print Screen Key Works
- › Special UPDF Offer, Plus Deals on Pixel Watch, PC Monitors, and More
- › GNOME 44 Is Here to Make Your Linux PC Better Than Ever
- › Microsoft Loop is The Ultimate Team Collab Tool
- › Sennheiser MKE 200 Mobile Kit Review: A Cheap, Easy Upgrade for Content Creators