If there’s one feature that WhatsApp users are begging for, it’s the ability to transfer data between Android and iPhone. After all, no one wants to be committed to one platform forever. Fortunately, WhatsApp has finally decided to allow transfers between iPhone and Android, though it’ll only work on select phones at first.
Samsung had its massive Galaxy Unpacked event where the company announced new foldable phones, earbuds, and watches. Mixed in with all of that excitement, Samsung announced that WhatsApp users would be able to transfer data from iPhones to either the Galaxy Z Fold 3 or the Galaxy Z Flip 3.
— Will Cathcart (@wcathcart) August 11, 2021
After the initial period of exclusivity for the new phones, Samsung also said that the transfer feature would come to other Samsung devices “in the coming weeks.”
Following that, WhatsApp intends to bring the feature to other Android and iPhone devices, making it possible to transfer between any supported phone.
This is an excellent feature for anyone thinking about switching operating systems. There are plenty of compelling reasons to choose between Android and iPhone, so being able to jump ship without losing your WhatsApp chat history and other data.
- › You Can Finally Move WhatsApp Chats From iPhone to Android
- › How to Clean Your iPhone’s Charging Port
- › Stop Shutting Down Your Windows PC
- › What Does “BB” Mean, and How Do I Use It?
- › Remembering VRML: The Metaverse of 1995
- › 6 Tips for Making Microsoft Excel Charts That Stand Out
- › How to Add More Ethernet Ports to Your Router