If you use Windows 11 on a tablet or touch-screen computer, you might rely on the touch keyboard to enter text. But did you know you can give this virtual keyboard a fresh new look with a colorful theme? Here’s how.
First, open Windows Settings. To do so quickly, press Windows+i on your keyboard. Or, you can right-click the Start button and select “Settings” from the menu.
In Windows Settings, select the “Personalization” sidebar item, and then click “Touch Keyboard.”
In the Touch Keyboard settings, click “Keyboard Theme” to expand the theme menu.
When the Keyboard Theme menu expands, you’ll see a grid of different keyboard themes that you can choose. They range from professional to wildly colorful and playful. Find one that you like and click it.
After that, you can check how the new theme looks using either the touch keyboard icon in your taskbar or the “Show Keyboard” button in Personalization > Touch Keyboard.
Looking pretty good!
You can also set custom colors on the touch keyboard. To do so, select “Custom” from the theme list, and then click “Edit.”
On the Custom Theme edit screen, you can choose custom colors for text on the keyboard, the keys themselves, and the touch keyboard window border. You can even use a custom image file as the window background. Use the tabs just below the “Theme Preview” to switch between these items while editing, and then select the colors below. When you’re done, click “Save.”
After that, close Settings, and enjoy your newly customized touch keyboard. Happy typing!
- › PSA: You Can Change Your Touch Keyboard Theme in Windows 11
- › Samsung’s Most Stunning 8K Smart TV Is $2000 off This Week
- › VyprVPN Review: Venomous or Defanged?
- › What to Do If Your Computer Catches Fire (And Why It Happens)
- › Your Devices Are Becoming “Carbon Aware,” But What Does That Mean?
- › Notepad++ Can Handle Your Huge Text Files Again
- › Sling TV is Going Up in Price