There are times when a group chat goes haywire, or an app won’t stop spamming you with notifications. When this happens, just mute the notifications for the app (for an hour, or the day). We’ll show you how it’s done.
To get started, find the offending notification from the lock screen or the Notification Center. If you’re on the home screen, swipe down from the top of the screen to open Notification Center.
Once you find the notification, swipe left on it.
Tap the “Options” button.
Here, you can choose the “Mute For One Hour” or “Mute For Today” option to quickly mute the notification.
Once the app is muted, you won’t get audio notifications or vibration feedback when a new notification comes in. The notifications will still be available in the Notification Center, however.
And that is a good thing, because the only way to unmute an app is using Notification Center. There’s no option for it in Settings.
To unmute an app, find the notification in the Notification Center, and swipe left on it. Here, tap the “Options” button, and choose the “Unmute” option.
You will now receive notifications from the app like you usually do. Don’t want to be bothered by an app ever again? Just disable the notifications!
- › What Is “Share Focus Status” on iPhone?
- › How to Add or Remove a Secondary Axis in an Excel Chart
- › Google Chrome Has a New Search Sidebar: Here’s How to Use It
- › How to Add Travel Time to a Google Calendar Event
- › Why Are People Scared of Phone Calls These Days?
- › What Are the Pros and Cons of LED Christmas Lights?
- › Microsoft Now Sells Tiny Hoodies for Cold Xbox Controllers