Windows 11 includes a Chat icon that links to Microsoft Teams in the taskbar. While handy, if you don’t use it, it’s easy to hide. Here’s how to disable it—and how to bring it back if you change your mind later.
How to Hide the Windows 11 Chat Button
Getting rid of the Chat icon in the Windows 11 taskbar is easy. To do so, right-click an empty spot on the taskbar and select “Taskbar Settings” in the pop-up.
When Settings opens to Personalization > Taskbar, expand the “Taskbar Items” section near the top. Next, flip the “Chat” switch to “Off.”
After that, close Settings, and you’re all set.
How to Show the Windows 11 Chat Button
If you change your mind and want the Chat icon back on your taskbar, right-click the taskbar and select “Taskbar Settings.”
Windows Settings will open to Personalization > Taskbar. In “Taskbar Items,” switch “Chat” to “On.”
As soon as you flip the switch, the Chat icon will reappear in your taskbar. If you click it, you’ll find a handy way to chat with others through Microsoft Teams. Have fun!
- › Here’s How Windows 11’s Teams Chat App Works
- › How to Use Teams Chat in Windows 11
- › How to Get Rid of Teams on Windows 11
- › How to Add More Ethernet Ports to Your Router
- › 6 Tips for Making Microsoft Excel Charts That Stand Out
- › Nothing Beneficial Comes From Mindless Scrolling
- › How to Clean Your iPhone’s Charging Port
- › Remembering VRML: The Metaverse of 1995