Filters and masks are a great way to jazz up video calls. Most of the popular video calling apps have these features, including Google Meet. We’ll show you how to lighten up your next video call with these fun effects.
Google Meet’s filters and masks are available for iPhone, iPad, and Android devices. They’re essentially the same effects that are available in Google Duo. Let’s get started.
Note: As of this writing in July 2021, you can’t use this feature in the web version of Google Meet.
Once you’re in the call, tap the effects icon from your video preview.
There are a few different categories of effects at the bottom of the screen. You can blur the background or use a virtual background. “Styles” changes the color and look. The one that we’re interested in is “Filters.”
There are a bunch of filters and masks to choose from. Some put things on your body, some hide your face, and some completely hide everything. Simply tap one to see it.
When you find a filter that you like, tap the “X” icon to close the effects and return to the call.
That’s all there is to it! You can easily swap between these effects while you’re in a call. It’s fun to play with these filters, especially if you have kids who have trouble staying interested in video calls.
- › Picsart Gold Review: A True Treasure for Quick Photo and Video Editing
- › How Much Does It Cost to Operate an Electric Lawn Mower?
- › Don’t Put Your TV Over Your Fireplace
- › What’s New in Windows 11’s 22H2 Update: Top 10 New Features
- › What Are the Best Nintendo Switch Games in 2022?
- › Does Hibernating My PC Save More Energy Than Sleep?