Amazon Fire Tablets are great, affordable devices, but the user interface is very different from that of other tablets. They’re Amazon through and through, which even includes the Appstore. We’ll show you how to download apps and games on a Fire Tablet.
Although Fire Tablets are technically Android tablets, they don’t come with the Google Play Store on board. If you want, you can easily get the Play Store up and running. However, you can get many of the things that you need from the default app store, which is aptly named the Amazon Appstore.
The Amazon Appstore works just like any other app store. Let’s get started.
First, find the “Appstore” on the home screen under the “Home” tab.
The Appstore is organized into several sections at the top. The main “Home” tab includes a bunch of suggestions. You can tap “Categories” to get more specific.
Select an app or a game to see more information about it. Here, you can tap “Get” to begin downloading.
A pop-up will tell you what the app needs to access. If you agree with the permissions, tap “Download.”
When the app is done installing, you can tap “Open” to launch it. Apps are also automatically added to the home screen.
That’s it! The Amazon Appstore might not be quite as big as the Google Play Store, but it does have most of the popular apps. With a little extra work, you can also get the Play Store and have the best of both worlds.
- › Here’s How Android Apps Work on Windows 11
- › Windows 11 vs. Chrome OS: Which Is Best For Android Apps?
- › Stop Shutting Down Your Windows PC
- › No, iPhones Aren’t More Expensive Than Android Phones
- › Do You Still Need a VPN for Public Wi-Fi?
- › How to Add More Ethernet Ports to Your Router
- › How to Clean Your iPhone’s Charging Port
- › What Does “BB” Mean, and How Do I Use It?