The “I’m Feeling Lucky” button has been a staple on the Google Search home page for years. You might not know, though, that Google uses it elsewhere. The Google Photos app for iPhone and Android has it, too.
A Brief History of Feeling Lucky
“I’m Feeling Lucky” is one of the original features of Google Search. You could type in a query and click the button to skip straight to the first result. Nowadays, with results appearing instantly as you type, the button is more like a fun randomizer.
For Google Photos, the “I’m Feeling Lucky” button surfaces random things in your library. It could show you photos from a specific day, a location, or a theme like “basketball.” You simply tap the button and get shown some photos or videos that you might not have seen in a while.
How to Use “I’m Feeling Lucky” in Google Photos
On the iPhone or iPad, simply touch and hold the Google Photos icon on your home screen or from a folder. Select “I’m Feeling Lucky” from the pop-up menu.
On Android, it’s going to look different depending on the launcher that you’re using, but the same method works. Touch and hold the Photos icon on your home screen, folder, or app drawer. Select “I’m Feeling Lucky” from the pop-up menu.
After you tap the button, Google Photos will open, and you’ll see a page of photos that looks something like this:
That’s all there is to it. You can back out and tap the button again to bring up a whole new set of random photos. This is a fun little trick to use to look back at old stuff in your Google Photos library and find some good memories.
- › 10 Google Photos Features You Should Use
- › Google’s “I’m Feeling Lucky,” Explained
- › Microsoft Now Sells Tiny Hoodies for Cold Xbox Controllers
- › What is File Versioning, and Do You Need It?
- › Save More Than $800 on WEMAX’s Android TV 4K Projector
- › How to Add Travel Time to a Google Calendar Event
- › How to Add or Remove a Secondary Axis in an Excel Chart
- › You Can Now Get Proton Calendar on Your iPhone