If you are reading a book with a lot of images or just want to be able to use a larger text size, it can make sense to rotate your Kindle screen so you can read it in a horizontal position. Let’s look at how to change your Kindle’s orientation from portrait to landscape.
How to Rotate Your Kindle Screen
Open the book you want to read horizontally and tap anywhere at the top of the screen, then tap the “Aa” icon to access the Display Settings menu.
Then, under Orientation, tap the landscape reading icon.
After a second, the screen will rotate. Tap anywhere outside the menu to go back to your book and read on. Any landscape images will now take up a lot more of the screen, or you can use a bigger text size without breaking up sentences too much.
When you want to rotate your screen back to its regular orientation, return to the “Layout” options and tap the portrait reading icon.
Can You Rotate the Kindle Home Page?
Rotating the screen does not affect the Kindle Home Screen, menus, and other options; they will remain displayed in a portrait orientation. Only when you’re reading a book will text appear horizontally.
RELATED: How to Borrow eBooks from a Library on a Kindle for Free
- › How to Lock Screen Rotation on Android
- › Your Amazon Kindle eReader Is Getting a New Interface
- › 10 Amazon Kindle Features You Should Be Using
- › Logitech MX Anywhere 3S Review: Another Great Logitech Mouse
- › The M2 Ultra Is Apple’s Most Powerful Chip Yet
- › The Apple Watch Is Getting a Software Overhaul
- › Apple Is Updating Widgets on Mac, With Help From Your iPhone
- › Logitech MX Keys S Review: Perfect for Professionals