If you keep up with a lot of people, your text messaging app can become overrun with conversations. Wouldn’t it be nice if you could keep some conversations permanently at the top? You can do just that on Android.
Google’s own “Messages” app has a feature that allows you to pin conversations to the top of the app. You can only pin three, but then, you’ll never have to hunt for those conversations again. It’s very simple to do, so let’s get started.
The “Messages” app comes preinstalled on some Android devices. If you don’t have it, download the app from the Google Play Store.
When you open the app, if this is your first time using Messages, you’ll see a button to “Set Default SMS App.”
Tapping the button will bring you to a screen or pop-up where you can select “Messages” and tap “Set as Default.”
With that out of the way, conversations from your previous SMS app should appear in Messages. Touch and hold a conversation to select it.
This will bring up a few options in the top toolbar. Tap the pushpin icon.
The conversation will now stay at the top of the list. Simply touch and hold again to see the option to unpin.
That’s it! As previously mentioned, you can pin up to three conversations. The pinned conversations will reorder themselves chronologically but stay at the top. Now, you don’t have to scroll down to your favorite conversations!
- › How to Turn Off Categories in Google Messages on Android
- › How to Forward a Text Message on Android
- › How to Remove Recommendations on Amazon Fire Tablets
- › Does an Ionic Air Purifier Clean Better Than Standard Units?
- › What Is Automatic Voltage Regulation (AVR)?
- › Should You Plug a UPS Into a Surge Protector?
- › How to Turn On the Flashlight on Android