A number of people have written in asking about a Vista Sidebar gadget for our latest articles feed. I finally got some time today, so I’ve thrown one together that isn’t exactly feature-rich, but does get the job done.
Here’s a screenshot of the gadget docked to the sidebar, and then another with it pinned to the desktop. (You might notice they look the same right now)
Clicking the article title will take you immediately to the article, and the gadget will automatically update every 30 minutes.
When you click to download the gadget, you’ll get this error message since I’m not yet sure how to digitally sign the gadget. You can click Install and the gadget should immediately appear in your sidebar.
If the gadget doesn’t appear, you can right-click the sidebar and choose Add Gadgets, and then you’ll see it in the dialog window, where you can drag it to the desktop or the sidebar.
I’m considering adding some more features to this, such as the ability to make the gadget bigger when it’s dragged to the desktop, and also add an options panel. I’m also going to create a separate gadget for the forum, I think.
For you Vista Sidebar people out there, are there any features specifically that I should add?
We are having an issue with the gadget at the moment, so it’s been removed. Please contact the Geek directly via email if you have any questions.
- › How-To Geek: First Year in Review
- › How to Install or Remove Optional Features in Windows 11
- › Telegram’s New Update Will Help You Save Battery Life
- › Today Only: Save 63% On a Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra With Trade-In
- › 8BitDo Controllers Now Work Better With iPhone and Mac
- › Razer Now Sells a Tempered Glass Mousepad
- › How to Build a Fast Online Store With Nexcess Managed WooCommerce