Many Android phones these days come with fancy full-screen navigation gestures. Maybe you don’t like them or you want to try the other options. We’ll show you how to easily change the navigation buttons on Android.
Unfortunately, not all Android phones put the navigation button settings in the same place. In this guide, we’ll show you how it works for Samsung Galaxy and Google Pixel devices.
Change Navigation Buttons on a Samsung Galaxy Phone
First, on your Samsung Galaxy, swipe down once from the top of the screen and tap the gear icon.
Next, select “Display” from the Settings menu.
Scroll through the settings and tap “Navigation Bar” toward the bottom.
Typically, Samsung Galaxy phones will have two choices:
- Buttons: Three buttons for “Recents,” “Home,” and “Back.”
- Swipe Gestures: Swipe up to go Home, swipe up and hold for Recents, and swipe from the left or right to go Back.
Additionally, you can tap “More Options” to customize the gestures.
From here, you can add gesture bars to the three-button layout and adjust the gesture sensitivity.
That’s all there is to it for Samsung devices!
Change Navigation Buttons on a Google Pixel Phone
On a Google Pixel smartphone, first, swipe down twice from the top of the screen to reveal the Quick Settings toggles and tap the gear icon.
Next, go to the “System” section in the Settings menu.
Now, select “Gestures.”
The one that we want is “System Navigation.”
You’ll have two navigation options to choose from:
- Gesture Navigation: Swipe up to go Home, swipe up and hold for Recents, and swipe from the left or right to go Back.
- 3-Button Navigation: Three buttons for “Recents,” “Home,” and “Back.”
Lastly, if you use Gesture Navigation, you can tap the gear icon to adjust the sensitivity of the Back gesture.
That’s all there is to it for Pixel phones! You can always be sure to use the most comfortable method for navigating your Android phone. Everyone has a different preference.
- › How to Mute Calls By Flipping Your Android Phone
- › 5 Annoying Features You Can Disable on Samsung Phones
- › How to Change Font on a Samsung Galaxy Phone
- › How to Change the Size of Text, Icons, and More in Android
- › These Gadgets Banish Mosquitos
- › 4 Ways You’re Damaging Your Laptop’s Battery
- › PrivadoVPN Review: Disrupting the Market?
- › “Atari Was Very, Very Hard” Nolan Bushnell on Atari, 50 Years Later