Instagram allows you to sync your contacts to the social network so that you can follow people from your phonebook. But if you’ve already followed the contacts you want to, it’s time to delete them from Facebook’s servers.
Start by visiting Instagram’s website on your Windows 10 PC, Mac, or Linux desktop computer and logging in to your account. Unfortunately, you can’t delete your contacts from the Instagram mobile app for Android or iPhone.
Next, click your profile picture’s icon in the top-right corner.
From the dropdown menu, select “Settings.”
Head into “Manage Contacts” from the sidebar.
On this page, you’ll be able to browse a list of all the contacts you’ve provided to Instagram.
Click the “Delete All” button to delete your phonebook data from Instagram.
However, this is only a temporary measure. If you have contact sync turned on in the Instagram mobile app, it can automatically scoop up your phonebook data again from your phone.
Tap the three-line menu button at the top of the screen and select “Settings” from the list.
Go into the “Account” section.
In the “Account” menu, locate and tap the “Contacts syncing” option.
Toggle off “Connect Contacts.”
To find out what other kinds of information Facebook and Instagram have collected about you, you have the option to download an archive of all your data.
- › How to Delete a WhatsApp Contact
- › How to Edit or Delete Contacts in Gmail
- › A World Without Wires: 25 Years of Wi-Fi
- › What Are the Best Nintendo Switch Games in 2022?
- › NZXT Signal 4K30 Capture Card Review: Lossless High-Quality Footage
- › What’s New in Windows 11’s 22H2 Update: Top 10 New Features
- › How Much Does It Cost to Operate an Electric Lawn Mower?
- › What to Do If You Drop Your Smartphone in the Ocean