Does the idea of a “click on – click off” translation bar sound useful? Then you will definitely want to take a look at the Google Translation Bar Bookmarklet.
The Translation Bar
For our example we decided to add the bookmarklet to SeaMonkey. To add it to your favorite browser simply drag the bookmarklet to your browser’s “Bookmarks Toolbar”.
Clicking on the bookmarklet will open the Google Translation Bar. The toolbar displays with a default of “Translate to English” and you can “Turn off Detect Language translation” if desired. Notice that you can easily close the toolbar using the small “x” at the end of the right side if you no longer need it active.
Translating English to a Different Language
For our first test we decided to translate an English webpage into a different language (Korean). Click on the small “Arrow Button” to access the drop-down menu and select the desired language.
Once you have chosen the language that you would like to translate the webpage into click on the “Translate Button”…
And within a few moments the webpage translation will be finished up. Notice that you can “revert” back to the original language version if desired.
Translating a Different Language to English
For the second part of our test we decided to translate a Japanese webpage into English…
As before the toolbar displayed with English as the “Translate To” language default when we clicked on the bookmarklet.
Another webpage translated and ready to read through. Obviously webpage elements such as Flash will not be translated but that is ok…
If you have been looking for an extremely convenient way to translate webpages on demand, then you will definitely want to add this bookmarklet to your favorite browser.
- › The Most Useful Bookmarklets to Enhance Your Browsing Experience
- › English-Focused Translation Bookmarklet for Your Browser
- › PSA: You Can Email Books and Documents to Your Kindle
- › How to Change Your Age on TikTok
- › Get PC Power With Tablet Portability in the Surface Pro 9 for $200 Off
- › This Huge Curved Ultrawide Monitor From LG Is $337 Today
- › The New HP Pro x360 Fortis Is a 2-In-1 Laptop Under $500
- › How to Screen Record on iPhone