If you do something epic on your new Oculus Quest 2 (or original Quest), it’s incredibly easy to take a screenshot to share with friends. Here’s how to capture a screenshot in your VR headset.
Taking a screenshot on your Oculus Quest 2 is almost as easy as taking one on a smartphone. Simply hold down the Oculus button (which looks like an oval icon) on the right Quest Touch controller, then press the trigger on either controller.
Once the screenshot has been taken, you’ll hear a screenshot sound (similar to a camera shutter) that you’ve likely heard on other devices. You’ll also get a notification confirming that the screenshot has been captured.
If the first method doesn’t work for you, there’s a second, more difficult way to take a screenshot.
Start by opening the system menu by pressing the Oculus button on your right Touch controller. From there, select the “Sharing” tab from the bottom taskbar.
Then select the “Take Photo” button. You’ll see a small red dot appear and blink for five seconds. Once the countdown is finished, a screenshot will be taken.
If you’re unsure how to see those screenshots, navigate to the Home menu by pressing the Oculus button on your controller. Select the “Sharing” tab (like we did) to take a screenshot. Now, instead of selecting “Take Photo,” choose “View All.”
From here, you can view all the screenshots you’ve taken.
With a screenshot selected, you can then delete the image or share it with others.
- › How to Copy Screenshots From Oculus Quest 2 to a PC or Mac
- › How Much Does It Cost to Operate an Electric Lawn Mower?
- › Picsart Gold Review: A True Treasure for Quick Photo and Video Editing
- › Does Hibernating My PC Save More Energy Than Sleep?
- › What’s New in Windows 11’s 22H2 Update: Top 10 New Features
- › Don’t Put Your TV Over Your Fireplace
- › What Are the Best Nintendo Switch Games in 2022?