One of the most convenient things about Shortcuts on iPhone is that they can be launched using only your voice—thanks to the power of Siri, Apple’s AI assistant. Here’s how to do it.
To launch a shortcut from Siri, you’ll first need to have at least one shortcut on your iPhone. To create shortcuts, you use the Shortcuts app, which has been included with every iPhone since iOS 13. You can also receive them from others if they have been shared via iCloud.
To launch a shortcut using Siri, you simply say the shortcut’s name. So if necessary, launch the Shortcuts app and change any shortcut names you want to use into something that’s easy to say. The shortcuts need to have names that are not the same as reserved Siri commands (such as “Play the next song” or “What time is it?”).
When the Siri bubble appears, speak the name of the shortcut you’d like to launch. If it’s recognized, Siri will execute the shortcut immediately, and you’ll see a confirmation message on the screen.
If you try to launch a shortcut from the lock screen, Siri will ask you to unlock your phone to continue. Once it’s unlocked, the shortcut will execute. Very handy!
- › How to Take a Screenshot on iPhone without a Thumbnail Preview
- › Don’t Put Your TV Over Your Fireplace
- › What Are the Best Nintendo Switch Games in 2022?
- › What’s New in Windows 11’s 22H2 Update: Top 10 New Features
- › Picsart Gold Review: A True Treasure for Quick Photo and Video Editing
- › Does Hibernating My PC Save More Energy Than Sleep?
- › How Much Does It Cost to Operate an Electric Lawn Mower?