If you use Miracast to project another device’s screen to your Windows PC, you might be surprised to learn that starting with the May 2020 update, the Connect app is no longer included with Windows 10 by default. Luckily, you can still download it from Microsoft. Here’s how.
First, open Settings. To do so quickly, click the “gear” icon in your Start menu or press Windows+i on the keyboard.
In “Settings,” click “Apps.”
In “Apps & features,” click “Optional features.”
In “Optional features,” click “Add a feature,” which has a square plus (+) button beside it.
When the “Add an optional feature” window appears, scroll down until you find “Wireless Display.” Place a checkmark beside it, then click “Install.”
The Wireless Display feature includes that Connect app that was once part of Windows 10 by default.
After that, you’ll return to the “Optional features” screen and see a progress bar as “Wireless Display” downloads and installs. When it’s done, it will say “Installed.”
The Connect app is now installed. To launch and use the Connect app, open your Start menu, type “Connect,” then select the Connect app from the list.
The Connect app will open, and your Windows 10 PC will be ready to receive a remote video connection. Happy wireless projecting!
RELATED: How to Cast Your Windows or Android Display to a Windows 10 PC
- › How to Cast Your Windows or Android Display to a Windows 10 PC
- › How to Upload an Instagram Reel From a Computer
- › Microsoft PowerPoint Has a New List Feature on the Web
- › Where Do Weather Apps Get Their Info From?
- › Tesla Track Mode: What It Is And How It Works
- › How to Turn On or Off the Always On Display for Android
- › How to Enable .NET Framework 2.0 and 3.5 in Windows 11