Bluetooth is a short-range communications protocol that allows wireless file transfers and wireless accessory connections between your iPhone or iPad and other devices like speakers, keyboards, or mice. If you’d like to change your iPhone or iPad’s Bluetooth name, you’ll need to change the device’s name in Settings. Here’s how to do it.
First, open “Settings” on your iPhone or iPad.
In Settings, navigate to General, then tap “About.”
In the About menu, you’ll see the current device name near the top of the screen. This is the same name that other devices will see if they’re trying to connect via Bluetooth. To change it, tap “Name.”
On the Name screen, enter a new name for your iPhone or iPad, then tap “Done.”
After that, exit Settings. The next time you see your iPhone or iPad in a list of Bluetooth devices, it will have the new name. Happy Day!
- › How to Change Your AirPods’ Name
- › How to Test and Replace Your CMOS Battery
- › Update iTunes on Windows Now to Fix a Security Flaw
- › Whatever Happened to Two-Picture TVs?
- › 6 Ways Our Tech Is Better Than Star Trek’s
- › Google Wallet Is Getting an Upgrade on Android Phones
- › The Best Smart Smoke Detectors of 2023